Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.

-Louise May Alcott















Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am the Master of my Fate

Photo 63


Waste no tears
Upon the blotted record of lost years,
But turn the leaf, and smile, oh smile, to see
The fair white pages that remain for thee.
Prate not of thy repentance. But believe
The spark divine dwells in thee: let it grow.
That which the upreaching spirit can achieve
The ground and all creative forces know;
They will assist and strengthen as the light
Lifts up the acorn to the oak-tree's height.
Thou has but to resolve, and lo! God's whole
Great universe shall fortify thy soul.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment