Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.

-Louise May Alcott















Sunday, September 12, 2010

Aspire

Photo 73

I know that I can definitely be "inspired". Inspired to read, be active, lose weight, eat healthy . . . . . . and the list can go on. But now I find myself asking a different question, a question that hadn't really crossed my mind since elementary school.

What do I "aspire" to be?

I used to aspire to be a successful writer, a lawyer (at one time), to have a career that truly helps other people. I know that now I apsire to be a good mother, daughter, wife and friend. But more than that . . . what gives my life meaning? Am I just coasting through life right now, going through the motions? What do I aspire to be for me? What brings me true happiness to the depths of my soul and am I actively seeking it?

An interesting question to ponder . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment